Thursday, February 2, 2012

Bed & Breakfast at Casa Jessica

 Every Wednesday night, I have class from 7:00 to 10 pm. By the time I get home from work, I have exactly one hour to eat dinner and prepare all of my meals along with my mother’s meals for the next day. During this one hour crunch time, I was thinking of putting together overnight oats for a no fuss no muss kind of breakfast. But then I saw an Anjou pear on the counter that I had specifically saved for a Pears ‘n Cinnamon Oatmeal. When I picked it up, I noticed that it was starting to wrinkle. So, I thought, “Oh what the hay, I’ll just wake up a little earlier tomorrow morning to make a proper oatmeal dish.” If I can wake up at 5 am to make cookies/cupcakes, then I have no excuse for not waking up 30 minutes earlier for a healthy, possibly delicious breakfast. So, I put together my mise-en-place with only my pear left to cut in the morning.

Warm, delicious oatmeal + Hot coffee + Julie Child = Good Breakfast
 I was also surprised that my sister was up before the butt crack of dawn as well. I knew she was going to work from home today, but I didn’t know that the poor thing also had a three hour long web conference at 6:30 am. So, while my oats were cooking, I made breakfast for her as well – parfait and half of an Anjou pear with Wild Squirrel’s Bright Eyed & Bushy Tailed Nut Butter  to BRIGHTEN her up (pun very much intended =0}). Marshmallow decided to join her so she wouldn’t be lonely during her conference. =)

" I'm sorry Marshmallow. I didn't prepare anything for you but maybe Auntie Alice will let you share with you?"

I also prepared my snack for the day:
Oatmeal Bar drizzled with Chocolate Ganache


No comments:

Post a Comment