Friday, February 3, 2012

It’s Friday, Friday! Gotta Get Down on Friday!!!

Since I was such a heifer last stuffing my face with Starry Kitchen’s spectacular food, I have to be good today. This morning, I woke up at 4:30 am to go to the gym. I ran 3.5 miles on the treadmill and burned 400 calories. Then, I headed straight to the classroom for some kickboxing. I don’t have a Body Bug so I have no idea how many calories I burned, but I’m ball parking another 400 calories. 

Today was our first day with our new instructor and last night as well as this morning I was praying I would like her. We had this one instructor for awhile who was really terrible. She had absolutely no stamina and would make us all take multiple breaks. I barely even broke a sweat, which made me upset because if I’m going to work out that early in the morning, it better be worth my while.

Fortunately, I love our new instructor, Jennifer. She primarily teaches in South Orange County (Aliso Viejo and San Juan Capistrano), so I am very happy that she is willing to trek down to Irvine. I will definitely be adding this to my Friday workout schedule. No more only working out every other month on Fridays. Hooray!!

After I finished with running and kickboxing, I quickly headed home to shower and get ready for work. But when I got home I was super hungry since I only ate half of a True Kind bar (which I didn’t particularly like) and so I ate a handful of blueberries and unsalted, roasted peanuts right before showering. Once I was all squeaky clean, I was finally able to sit down and enjoy some overnight oats that I prepared the night before. 

Breakfast:

Rolled oats, plain nonfat greek yogurt, cocoa powder, 1/2 banana – sliced, ground flaxseed, granola, TJ’s Valencia unsalted & crunch PB, and a handful of grapes. Delicious as always =)


















Lunch:

Salad – steamed kale, carrots, garbanzo beans, tofu, and cottage cheese as a dressing

Along with a very sweet and tasty orange:
My drink:

Zico-Tini . No, I'm not drinking at work (ha, I wish)! I combined sparkling water with Zico Pure Coconut Water, with a splash of POM juice. I have disliked coconut for my entire life, but since it’s supposed to be good for you, I’m giving it another chance. I'm trying to come up with creative ways to trick myself into liking it. =)


No chocolate treat for today (although technically I already consumed chocolate from the unsweetened cocoa powder in my overnight oats) since I had such a large dinner last night and because I will be eating lunch at Ray’s pizza with my gym buddy tomorrow, who actually knows Ray! It’s been in Irvine for yearsss and I have always wanted to go there. They supposedly have really good New York style pizza. I’ve never had New York pizza so I won’t have anything to compare it to, but either way I’m stoked.

Happy Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment