Friday, February 17, 2012

Two Birds With One Stone

Today marks the annivsary of another major national food holiday - Cafe Au Lait Day! My seester and I celebrated by each getting a cup at Starbucks (who calls it Misto but whatevs. It still counts). I love Cafe Au Lait because it's basically just hot coffee with steamed milk. Before I knew this existed, I would simply order a hot cup of joe and pour cold milk into it, which would make it lukewarm. In my opinion, there is nothing worse than drinking coffee/tea at a lukewarm temp. It's either gotta be super hot or super cold. None of this in between business.


In addition to our cafe au lait, we each enjoyed overnight oats in a jar! Both were topped with Nuts About Granola Mint Chocolate Chip cookie =)

Cookie butter for her






Wild Squirrel PB for me




















Afterwards we stopped by French's bakery, which I absolutely love. My seester picked up some cookies for her friends, and she generously bought this delectable chocolate fudge walnut cookie for me. There is nothing better than eating a cookie for dessert. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool. A FOOL!! =)
**Flower not included wtih purchase =)



In other less exciting news, my protein class at Whole Foods last night was a complete bust. I was the youngest person there by at least 20 years and the instructor was very anti-meat, cheese, sugar, and salt. I'm all for getting my protein intake via beans and veggies but I was very put off by how she degraded meat, sugar, and salt. To make matters worse, she totally called me out when I left early!

I decided to cheer myself up by ordering a cup of freshly-made juice.

Meet the Chopper


I think it had kale, apple, carrot, wheatgrass, and cabbage? It was delicious and it made up for the horrible class and awful attitude of the instructor.

Anyhoo, Happy Friday!! I have no plans yet but I'm just glad this work week is coming to an end. Disneyland? Vegas? Who knows, we'll see. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment