Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Cookie is the New Zoloft

I tried to make chocolate strawberry filled dumplings this morning but experienced numerous failed attempts. I either over stuffed it, which tore the skin or under stuffed it, which gave the dumpling a sad, deflated appearance.  It was one extreme to the other. Bah!

Fail!!
 After 5 failed attempts, I gave up and decided to cheer myself up with breakfast, which was overnight oats in a jar. 

Hello fig butter!  Btw, if you haven’t tried TJ’s fig butter before, go to the store right now and buy some asap. It is seriously one of the best jams out there. 
I also cheered myself with this oatmeal raisin cookie that my awesome blossom of a sister bought for me from my new favorite place – Urth Caffe.

I was a bit scared because the cookie is wheat-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free. I have never had a 100% vegan cookie before, so I was very curious to see if this fat-free cookie would be just as tasty as a regular full-fat cookie. I broke off a small piece and surprisingly it was pretty good. I honestly could not tell that it was free of so many ingredients. Since it’s an oatmeal raisin cookie, I decided that it would work well as a topping for my overnight oats in a jar.=)


 



















Topping my oatmeal with this cookie was the best decision ever. The cookie definitely helped me get over my failed dumpling recipe. I am now a firm believer that cookies are new the zoloft.

No comments:

Post a Comment