Friday, April 20, 2012

Festive Mood


I don’t know why but this week has seemed to have really dragged by, so I am super happy that it is finally Friday. I’m also excited that today is 4/20, which is weird because I don’t like herbs of any nature (btw, if you have no idea what I’m talking about, go on google and find out what holiday falls on 4/20). My dislike for it is so strong that if I see cilantro, parsley, basil, or any other type of herb, I will either not order the dish or meticulously pick it out. I don’t find herbs to be visually appealing nor do I care for the flavor. So, I’m not sure why I find it exciting that today is 4/20. It’s a mystery.

I’m also pretty psyched for this weekend. Baseball season has officially started and tonight I’m going to the Angels vs Orioles game. I’m gonna be completely decked out in my Angels gear – baseball jersey, cap, and blankie.

Tomorrow night, I’m going to dinner at Disneyland. Hooray! It’s been far too long since I’ve been to Disney. I think it’s been a month? I know that may not seem long to a lot of people but I heart Disneylandia very much and feel like it’s my duty to be there at least once a week due to my annual pass.

Then on Sunday, I’m attending my first ever Saucy Chefs Meetup group brunch. The group is strictly female, which honestly kind of scares me since women are notorious for being catty. <insert scary stare you down and then look you up face> I’m praying that the event won’t turn into a Mean Girls kind of thing and that everyone will be super nice and be in a kum by ya funk mood . 

But before all the festive weekend starts, I began my day with a fun 2 hour workout at the gym from 4:30 – 6:30 am. Then, I came home, showered, and dug into this morning’s stellar breakfast – overnight oats in a jar.

The base consisted of the usual mix: 1/4 C raw oats, 1/4 C greek yogurt, 1/4 C milk, 1 tbsp of strawberry jam, 1/2 tbsp of chia seeds, and a dash of ground cinnamon.


 In the morning, I topped it with unsweetened shredded coconut, cacao nibs, and a spoonful of Peanut Butter & Co’s Dark Chocolate Dreams PB. I didn't really need to add another spoonful of pb but I'm majorly in love with this flavor of pb.
Chocolate + PB = happy taste buds

Counting down until 5pm when the weekend officially begins! Wheeeeee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment