Monday, April 9, 2012

M.I.A.

Sorry for being MIA on Friday. I was given the day off in honor of Good Friday so I decided to take advantage of a rare day off by playing tourist in downtown Los Angeles. I managed to accomplish most of what I wanted to do, see, and eat, including a wonderful moment where I got lost in the ghetto.  I don't know what the highlight of that moment was. Watching a homeless man pull out a blue dog bag and start chewing on it or watching a man start a fight with a complete stranger for no good reason and then run away on his bicycle after getting punched in the face. Anyway, here are some pictures of my day trip.

First up was Bottega Louie, which is a really cute and pretty affordable Italian restaurant. I've eaten here twice and love their food, especially their desserts.



I wanted to buy all of these delectable treats but in the end I settled on these two glorious chocolate bars.
 
Next up was the Rooftop Bar at the Standard. I have always wanted to check out the rooftop lounge bar because it has an amazing view of downtown L.A. and supposedly offers really good drinks. Not sure why the sign is upside down but apparently it's their signature thing?

 I really wanted to check out the Biergarten but it was close to lunch time and I already had lunch plans with my sister. Didn't want to spoil my appetite with beer.





So, I settled on an awesome gin and tonic. My first drink at the Rooftop. Not too shabby =)

Last stop was Urth Cafe, which has been on my list of places to visit for quite some time. They are known for serving up really good coffee, tea, and sandwiches. I was already pretty full from lunch but I couldn't pass up this opportunity to try their coffee and desserts. So, I ordered a Spanish latte, which was one of the best coffees I have ever had and this crazy good chocolate hazelnut cake.

 

I also came across this beer flavored chips that I had to buy. I haven't tried it yet but can't wait to. I like beer and I like chips. Sounds like a possibly good marriage to me =)


 And that pretty much sums up my wonderful day in downtown L.A.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had a white chocolate lamb! So adorable! Sounds like you had a super sweet day :)

    ReplyDelete