Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Chocolate Whiskey Cupcakes

When it comes to alcohol, I drink like a dude. I like to drink wine but I'm really into whiskey, scotch, and recently, gin and tonic. My friends often tease me about my alcohol choices because those three drinks are usually drunk by old men. And whenever I drink with them or tell them what I'm drinking, they jokingly say that all I'm missing is a red satin robe and a cigar. Har Har. Anyways, I'm sharing this story because this morning I made chocolate whiskey cupcakes. I've made cupcakes with whiskey before, like when I made Chocolate Whiskey and Beer cupcakes. And since those were pretty tasty, I decided to make another kind of whiskey cupcakes. I found this particular recipe on Annie's Eats, which is a super awesome blog btw. I followed the recipe pretty closely. The only change I made was that I used my own vanilla buttercream frosting instead of her Swiss meringue buttercream. I don't have anything against meringue. It's just that I suck at making meringue, so I opted for vanilla buttercream instead.

Chocolate Whiskey Cupcakes


Normal Cupcake Size


Bite Sized



Cupcakes packed for the road for my usual group of taste testers =)

1 comment:

  1. I wish I was part of your taste testing group so hard right now.

    ReplyDelete