Thursday, July 26, 2012

Rolo Caramelitas

Rolo Caramelitas

Okay, so the last time I was here, I was counting down until my mini vacation at Disneyland where I got to stay at the fantabulous Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.It was so much fun that I have decided that this will become an annual event. It burned a MAJOR hole in my wallet but it was worth it. The hotel is super luxurious, the employees are really nice and provide excellent service, my room overlooked Downtown Disney, and I had a really nice view of the Sleeping Beauty fireworks show. 

As soon as my sister and I checked it, we immediately headed to their pools where we setup camp in the "Adult" pool area where you can order drinks from your lounge chair, Las Vegas style. They have 3 pools, 2 of which are more kid/family friendly. I know this is weird especially since I love Disneyland so much but I am not very fond of children. Perhaps that will change in the future but right now I am quite allergic to them. A lot of them run around like crazy zombie mutants, are really loud, and suffer from jam hands (meaning their hands are sticky from god knows what!) **Please note that I don't mean to offend anyone. This is just my feelings about children right now. I am still respectful towards children and those with children.**

Anyhoo, my sister and I lounged at the "Adult" pool for awhile. She was lame and did some stuff for work while I read a trashy celebrity gossip magazine. I was thinking about ordering an adult beverage but I knew we were going to hit up 3 bars at later that night at Downtown Disney so I decided against it. I'm pretty sure I was still drunk the next morning because the room was still spinning but guests who stay at the Disney hotels get to enter the park an hour early.There was no way I was going to miss out on an extra hour of being at Disney, so I was up at 5:30 am and in line to enter the park at 6:30 am. Surprisingly I wasn't hungover. Perhaps Disney is the magical medicine to preventing hangovers?

Our first pit stop was of course Cars Land. We were hoping to ride Radiator Springs Racers first but it was experiencing technical difficulties for at least an hour. Major bust! The rest of the day was really magical though. My sister and I went on a ton of rides, ate a lot of good food and drank a lot.  I also snapped up lots of pictures but haven't organized them yet. So, in the meantime, why don't I share what else I have been doing?

I introduce to you Rolo Caramelitas that was created by the genius behind Confessions of a Cookbook queen. Head on over to her blog to check out the recipe and make some right now because it is insanely delicious. You think it can't better but it does. Each  bite is more divine than the last. It's super fattening because it calls for a lot of butter, like Paula Dean status but I justify the deliciousness with the oatmeal that is used.


I made this for my sister's co-workers for shits and giggles but I couldn't resist a taste. This was my umm "quality control" sample just to make sure that it tasted good. And oh my it tasted sooo sooo good. After eating this, I packaged it and left for work right away because I knew that I was not safe around it. That if I didn't leave soon, there wouldn't be any left for them. Rolos + caramel sauce + butter = deeeeeeeeelicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment