Monday, January 30, 2012

I Think I have Died and Gone to Nut Butter Heaven

I had recently heard through the blog world grapevine about a small business company called Wild Squirrel Nut Butter that produces nut butter in very unique flavors - Bright Eyed & Bushy Tailed, Curious Cocoa-Nut, Pretzel Pizzaz, and Sneaky Cinnamon). After doing some research about the company and their products, I noticed that all of the reviews have been extremely positive and those who have tried them immediately fell in love with them. Being a huge nut butter fanatic myself, I was intrigued by their variety of flavors and just knew that I had to get them in my possession ASAP. Since I had never heard of this brand before, I went on their website to find out where I could purchase their products. Sadly, they are currently not being sold in California, but luckily for me they sell them directly on their website. After spending a lot of time on deciding which flavors I wanted to try, I ordered one jar of the Bright Eyed & Bushy Tailed and the Pretzel Pizazz. (I really wanted the Curious Cocoa-Nut, but sadly it is on backorder until March.) Since this is a very small company, I wasn't sure how long it would take for my order to be processed and shipped. However, I was pleasantly surprised that it arrived fairly quickly.


















As soon as I received my package, I opened it like a little kid on Christmas morning. I grabbed the Bright Eyed & Bushy Tailed jar first and wasted no time tasting it. I'm talking about "putting finger directly into the jar and straight into my mouth" kind of action. And all I have to say is that this peanut butter is AMAZING!!! It has that sticks-to-your-roof consistency, which I love and is a quality that must be fulfilled in order for nut butter to truly be fantastic. I also love how the nut butter is thick but liquidy at the same time. It is the perfect balance of texture and consistency that many brands fail to meet. And finally, I love how you can actually see and taste all of the flavors. It is a true sign of a good quality product. I haven't tried the Pretzel Pizazz yet, but I am more than satisfied with the Bright Eyed & Bushy Tailed flavor. I mean, dark chocolate, espresso, AND peanut butter? Those are all of my favorite things rolled into one! What more can I girl ask for?!!




I really hope that this company does well because this nut butter is superb, especially so in my oatmeal this morning. The two owners, Keeley and Erika, have taken nut butter to a whole other level. I will definitely be ordering more in the future because it has officially become a necessary item in my pantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment