Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekend Update

 Disneyland recently opened the Jolly Holiday Bakery on Main Street; the former location of the Blue Ribbon Bakery. Being an avid Disney lover/food lover/Mary Poppins lover, I knew I had to try it out ASAP. After a few failed attempts, I finally managed to head down there and I will definitely be back to try more dishes on their menu. I kind of forgot to take a picture of the bakery from the outside because I was super excited to eat. However, I did manage to take some pictures...mainly though to distract me from the fact that I was in a very long line. 

Each of the window panels has these cute penguins on them. They are just as cute as they are in the movie.







 Here is a beautiful chandelier that hangs from inside the restaurant. I can't remember if that specific chandelier is from Mary Poppins's room or one of the other rooms in the house. Either way, it's breathtaking. My horrible camera skills don't do it justice.

 A tree that contains snippets of lyrics from various songs from the movie.

Mary Poppins on her carousal horse along with a very cute bird. 















Now, moving on to the main reason I went...the food! I really wanted to try this incredibly delicious looking strawberry lemonade cupcake. However, due to my extreme fondness for chocolate, I definitely wanted my first dessert here to be something chocolate-y. So, sorry cupcake, you'll have to wait until next time to be eaten.

 Some more desserts that I desperately wanted to try but didn't dare to since I wasn't wearing my stretchy jeans and I was already going to go overboard on the calories.
My friend and I decided that this Mickey Mouse shaped Chocolate Tart would be our dessert victim for today. And oh boy! (pun intended) he did not disappoint. My only complaint is that it took a bit of work eating him with my fork. Had I not been sharing with a friend, I definitely wouldn't have used a utensil and eaten him cave woman style. Other than that, the chocolate was rich and decadent.




The entree for the night was their Caprese Sandwich that was blocked by their amazing chips in the picture. The sandwich itself is pretty gigantic so I would definitely recommend sharing this with a friend. It contains tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, lettuce, and balsamic vinaigrette served on focaccia bread. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment