Friday, February 10, 2012

Chocolate Tea Revisited

My sweet tooth won't leave me alone today and I desperately want something sweet. The office is particularly dangerous today because it is loaded up with sweets and not the cheap-o kind, like almond joy, that I can normally pass up on. No, I'm talking about French White Chocolate Truffles and Godiva milk chocolate with praline bits. MMMMMMM. But I'm using every bit of my will power to resist because dinner will be at the Jolly Holiday Bakery at Disneyland. Since I know I have absolutely no will power at Disneyland, I must be good especially since their Valentine's Day treats are currently available at the park. So, I munched my way through a salad I brought from home and half of an oatmeal bar I made.

I also dunked a bag of TJ's ginger pear flavored white tea into some sparkling water hoping that would satisfy my sweet tooth.

But alas, my sweet tooth was not fooled. Attempt # 2 was made with a mug of the Guayaki Yerba Mate Chocolatte I bought the other day. The first time I drank it, I felt like there wasn't enough chocolate flavor. This time, I let it steep for 30 min instead of the suggested 5-10 min praying that it would really bring out the chocolateness. After what felt like an eternity, I finally gave it a taste.

It was definitely more chocolate-y this time around, especially during the aftertaste. The chocolate flavor is still a bit too light for my liking but it was enough to satisfy my sweet tooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment