Monday, February 27, 2012

Detox

My weekend at Big Bear was fun but it would have been more fun if there was snow. During my entire time there with my cousins, it was warm for mountain standards and very little snow. Of course, they are supposed to receive a giant dump of it today. Major bummer. So, my cousins and I passed the time with lots of drinking and eating. My sister and I decided on a spur of the moment wine tasting and some random hikes around Big Bear Lake, which was nice. But after two weekends in a row of over eating, over drinking, and under exercising, it is definitely detox time. My body is feeling really sluggish and gross and is more than happy to welcome back fruits, veggies, and other healthy ingredients.
This morning, I awoke to rainy looking clouds and a bit of drizzle. To me, this is perfect hot chocolate weather, but at the same time, the last thing I wanted was a heavy chocolate drink for breakfast. I wanted yogurt and fruit but that wasn't an option since I finished the last of my yogurt on Friday. But after rummaging through the fridge, I found an 8 oz carton of Horizon Organic Milk which just so happened to be chocolate flavored! I also remembered that I had some Mexican Hot Chocolate flavored granola from Nuts About Granola left, so I decided to make hot cocoa oatmeal.
For the oatmeal itself, I used 1/3 cup of rolled oats, 1/2 cup of chocolate milk, 1 tsp of Navitas cacao powder, 1/2 cup of water, 1/2 banana - sliced. When it was done, I added some hemp seed, ground flaxseed, and chia seed.
As for toppings, I sprinkled some of the mexican hot chocolate granola, the remaining half of my banana, and 2 tbsp of Better 'n Peanut Butter. It was healthy, delicious, and a perfect way to start my detoxing.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment