Friday, February 24, 2012

Grab and Go

Today is going to be a jam-packed, grab and go kind of day. This morning, I woke up before the sun did at 4:30 am and dashed off to the gym for my Friday morning workout per usual. I ran 4 miles but my endorphins didn't kick in until halfway through. Maybe because I have been slacking on exercise this week? Afterwards, I hopped, skipped, and jumped to the group exercise room for 45 min of kickboxing before leaving to get all squeaky clean for work. (BTW - Bill, I tried looking for you on my way out but I didn't see you? So, HI via blog post and hopefully I'll see you next Saturday at UCI Marketplace). I usually work from 8:30 - 5:00 pm but I had to go in a bit earlier today since I am leaving for Big Bear at 1 pm. Luckily for me, there was a jar of peanut butter that was in perfect condition for overnight oats in a jar. My regular stock of ingredients for my almost daily oatmeal is either low or out of stock, so a few substitutions had to be made. No milk meant using a mixture of heavy whipping cream and water,  not enough yogurt meant going a bit heavier on the incorporation of chia seeds, sliced banana, and cacao bits (don't know if that helped with the thickening process but figured it wouldn't hurt. You can never have too much chocolate, ya know what I mean? =0]). Since I was in a rush this morning, I didn't have time to make coffee at home and decided to make a quick pit stop at Starbucks. However, I apparently got there when everyone else and their moms were there too because the line was LONG. So, what was supposed to be quick pit stop turned into a 10 minute ordeal =/. I did, however, luck out in the traffic department though because the freeway was pretty empty.


As soon as I got to work, I was finally able to drink my coffee. I had one scalding hot sip on the freeway, which ended up burning my throat and tongue. Insanely hot coffee = prickly, sand paper tongue. No bueno. In the meantime, I finisheed preparing my breakfast.

I  jazzed up my overnight oats with some toppings - cacao bits, 1/4 pack of  Nuts About Granola Chocolate Mint Cookie granola, and a blob of TJ's Fig Butter (which is hiding underneath the gran and bits).


















MMMM PEANUT BUTTER GALORE!!!!!
Cacao bits on top of the chocolate gran. =)
















Dericious. Just what I needed to tackle the day and get-a-movin' for an exciting weekend at Big Bear. Just gotta double check that I packed all my necessities before I leave and then I'm off!



Packing List
- Alcohol (wine, chocolate stout, whiskey)
- Food
- Chocolate
- Clothes
- Alcohol Oh wait, I already put that on the list. =)
- Taste buds that have been affected by burnin' hot coffee?

No comments:

Post a Comment