Thursday, February 23, 2012

Running on Empty

For the past month or so, I have been taking a Contracts/Torts class at a local community college every Wednesday from 7 - 9:50 pm. Because the class is almost 3 hours long, the professor usually gives us a the option of taking a 10 minute break or powering the through and leaving early. I am alway for skipping the break if it means getting out early but apparently my fellow classmates don't feel the same way. I know that studies have shown that our attention span only lasts for 20 minutes or something but I seriously don't understand why you would rather choose taking a break over leaving early?! Last night, we were supposed to get out early since there wasn't much material to cover but people were being way too chatty cathy and groaning about no break. So, we didn't end up actually getting out early, which really annoyed me since I was my energy level was running on empty and my attention span officially checked out like 5 minutes into class.  GRRRRRRR!!!!
When class ended and I finally got home, I quickly prepared today's lunch (Wild Squirrel Pretzel Pizzaz PB & TJ's Fig Butter on some stale bread and a neopolitan tangerine) and sadly realized there was only half a cup of milk left. I usually make oatmeal for my sister and I but obviously this was not going to be enough milk for the both of us. Since my sister's job is much more demanding than mine and her life is more hectic than mine, I decided that she deserves to have a better breakfast. So, I made overnight oats for her and would have a parfait for breakfast.

This morning, as I was putting together my parfait, I was rummaging through the kitchen cabinets for a cup/bowl to use. I found this Minnie Mouse cup that I purchased a few weeks ago at Downtown Disney but I haven't gotten the chance to use it just yet. So, I decided this would be a perfect opportunity to give it a whirl.


Love the spoon. It's just darlin' and provides the perfect serving size for every bite. =)



Today's Featured Ingredients:
1 cup - Wallaby Nonfat Plain Yogurt
3/4 cup - Nature's Path Heritage Flakes
1/4 cup - crushed walnuts
1/2 - medium banana, sliced
1 tbsp - TJ's Fig Butter
1 tsp - hemp seeds
Generous sprinkle of Navitas cacao bits

 
Cuppa coffee X 4 (you know you're tired when you make 2 pots of coffee)



I usually don't care for parfaits because it doesn't keep me full as long as oatmeal does, so I made sure to bring extra snacks just in case. I also noticed that we'll have jusssttt enough yogurt for overnight oats for the both of us tomorrow morning. Since we don't have any milk, I'll have to come up with an alternative liquid otherwise we'll both be having parfaits. Coffee? Chocolate Shop's Chocolate Strawberry wine??

Tomorrow is a half-day for me at work because I'm heading to Big Bear with my sister and cousins. Hopefully, we won't return too late on Sunday or else we'll having nothing but dry cereal, cacao bits, and granola for breakfast.

**I think my stomach just growled, which means it's snack time. Maybe it will give me a boost of energy too because I'm still running on empty. Must re-energize for this weekend since it will be filled with lots of driving, walking, hiking, and sight-seeing.   =)

No comments:

Post a Comment