Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Overstock.com

Last night was pretty much a repeat of the night before. It didn't rain but the weather was still pretty cold and dreary; like Jane Eyre kind of weather. So, I decided to make another Hot Toddy but I used Jameson Whiskey instead since I used up the rest of the Gentleman's Jack the previous night.

It was just as delicious and was very smooth. =)

During my second date with Hot Toddy, I decided to make pumpkin overnight oats since I apparently have an overstock of pureed pumpkin. During Thanksgiving time, I bought a pumpkin and made some homemade pureed pumpkin for the first time. Since I'm the only pumpkin lover in my house, I knew there was no way I could finish this whole batch by myself quickly enough due to its very short shelf life. So, I stored my batch in little containers, froze them, and defrosted each container for at least 24 hours prior to using them. Although making pureed pumpkin was a huge pain and a lot of work, I was really sad when I was down to my last container. Last week, I was in the mood for pumpkin but there was none in the house. I was really regretting not stocking up when it was dirt cheap, but in the end I decided to splurge a bit and bought a can of Libby's anyway. Well, I wish I had done some more investigative work to en I came home from Big Bear last Sunday, I noticed that my mom did some cleaning in the fridge/freezer and spotted 2 jars of my homemade pureed pumpkin. D'oh!! I should have really given the freezer a more thorough search. And on top of that, I still have 1/2 can of Libby's left, so I will definitely be making several pumpkin-related dishes for awhile. Currently researching chocolate pumpkin and peanut butter pumpkin and pumpkin anything recipes right now. I kind of feel like Bubba Gump except my obsession will be with pumpkin instead of shrimp. =)


Ok so,back to my pumpkin overnight oats. I combined 1/3 cup of old fashioned oats, 1/3 cup of pureed pumpkin, 1/3 cup of nonfat plain yogurt, 1/3 cup of unsweetened vanilla soy milk, and 1/2 tsp of pumpkin spice, a dash of ground cinnamon, and 1 tbsp of chia/flax/hemp seed mix. I gave it a good ol' stir and let it hangout in the fridge for the night.


In the morning, I stirred everything once more and then topped it off with 1 tbsp of pumpkin butter, 1 tbsp of Sun Harvest peanut butter, 1 tsp of Coconut Manna, and a handful of Nuts About Granola - Lover's Combo as well as cacao nibs.


This morning's coffee was provided by 85 C Bakery Cafe. I recently found out that they open at 7 am and had my heart set on these delicious egg tarts as a snack for later today. Sadly, they didn't have any available yet, so I settled on maple brick bread and a pork sung bun. I also ordered a nonfat vanilla latte but they ran out of nonfat milk so 2% milk it was. So it looks like 85 C is batting 0 - 2 today.

In other exciting news, tomorrow is National Peanut Butter Lover's Day and I am definitely a PB lover. Soooo, I have been researching for a recipe online that has both pb and chocolate because in my opinion those two ingredients go hand in hand. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment