Thursday, February 9, 2012

Warm Oatmeal Belly

I am a major food dork. I have a Food Holidays Calender bookmarked on my computer. At the end of every month, I take a look at it to see if any of my favorite foods are being honored during the upcoming month. Well, today is National bagels and lox day and I was originally going to have a bagel & lox for breakfast to celebrate but that was planned long before I received my Seggiano order via OpenSky. And let’s be real. Lox & bagels over Seggiano’s heavenly Crunchy Chocolate Hazelnut spread? I think not.  Seriously, if you have not had this before, you need to right away. Like drop whatever you are doing and get a hold of this stuff. I know a lot of people think Nutella makes THE best hazelnut spread, but the truth of the matter is that they don’t. Trust me. I used to think that way too; that is until recently. Seriously, they make Nutella look like amateurs. AMATEURS!!

So instead, I decided to make S'mores Oatmeal for breakfast:


For the oatmeal itself, I used Kath's whipped banana oatmeal recipe but with a few substitutions. I used cinnamon sugar in place of brown sugar and TJ's unsweetened vanilla soy milk in place of skim milk.

Toppings:
1 tbsp - Wild Squirrel's Bright Eyed & Bushy Tailed
1 tbsp - Seggiano's Crunchy Chocolate Hazelnut spread
1 tbsp - Kraft's Marshmallow Jet Puff

Along with some Back to Nature's Golden Honey Oat Grahams as my utensil of choice.





















Man, oh man, I am in head-over-heals in love with this breakfast, especially since it features all of my great loves:

Chocolate?
Hazelnut?
Espresso?
Peanut Butter?
Marshmallow Jet Puff?
I made sure to chew very slowly so that I could savor each and every bite. I am a very happy girl right now = )

No comments:

Post a Comment