Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Eeny Meeny Miny Mo

My order of Seggiano Organic Chocolate Hazelnut Spread from OpenSky arrived last night and I automatically knew what dish I wanted to use them in first; that being, oatmeal of course! My main problem was not knowing which jar I wanted to open first, especially since I have never tried the Seggiano brand before. I received a total of 3 types – smooth dark chocolate and hazelnut spread, classic crunchy chocolate hazelnut spread, and finally smooth coffee chocolate and hazelnut spread. All 3 flavors sounded pretty mouth-watering, which of course put me in quite a hazelnut predicament. After conducting polls with family members and putting my thinking cap on alllllllll night, I finally decided on the classic crunchy chocolate hazelnut spread.  

I definitely knew that I wanted to keep the ingredients/toppings for my oatmeal simple so that I could let this baby shine. I wanted to keep the distractions to a minimum so my palate could focus on this hazelnut spread as much as possible. After opening the jar, I was going to just plop a dollop of it on top of my oatmeal, but couldn't wait anymore and had to try it right away. And, the first thing that came to mind was "ohmygawdthisismagicallydelicious!!!" It tasted exactly like the crunchy, chocolate hazelnut spread inside Ferrero Rochers, which i LOVE.

And then, I scooped a GIANT tablespoon of this bad boy on top of my oatmeal and immediately dug in. 
 
 After my first bite, I decided that such a special occasion called for a side of back to Nature graham crackers.

Which I ended up using in place of my spoon =)

I honestly don't know if I can ever go back to Nutella or TJ's Almond Cocoa Spread because this is soooooooo damn good!! It's seriously the best chocolate hazelnut spread I have ever had in my life. Thank you Bobby Flay for making this available on OpenSky and introducing this deliciousness into my life. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment