Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Blustery Day at the Hundred Acre Woods

Today may not be "Winds-Day" and I may not live in the Hundred Acre Woods but I certainly understand what Winnie-the-Pooh is going through right now. Today's weather is gloomy, windy, and drizzly with a high chance of rain. It's definitely not my favorite kind of weather.


Just now, I was having a conversation with my cousin via gchat about my dislike for rain and this was his response:

"Rain is essential for plant life and the ecosystem. It also washes dirt away."
I know rain is vital but is it too much to ask for it to only rain when I'm sleeping or when I don't need to go outside? <sigh> I guess I'll be eating inside today.
On a brighter note, it's finally lunch time.

I prepared this tiny sandwich that had a Boca veggie pattie (which was kind of bland), TJ's Lite Celtic Cheddar cheese, sliced tomatoes, 1/2 avocado (thank you Super Bowl for making avocados dirt cheap at the grocery store!), and romaine lettuce.

Look at the size of this bad boy! I had to open my mouth Jaws-style to eat it.
Along with a juicy and sweet Neopolitan tangerine I bought from Farmer's Market that I am now obsessed with:
And a bag of Mate Chocolatte as my beverage/dessert:
It wasn't bad but it was only ok. It tasted more like chai than chocolate.
Dinner will be later than usual tonight because I'm going to the gym (treadmill + turbo kickboxing) right after work and I need to run a few errands as well. So, I brought a homemade energy oatmeal bar that will hopefully tide me over until I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment