Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Return of the Great Pumpkin

I recently defrosted some more of my homemade pumpkin puree, which was the featured star in this morning’s breakfast. 

The Great Pumpkin Overnight Oats

Mixed the night before:
-          1/4 C old-fashioned oats
-          1/2 C kefir
-          1 tsp  chia seeds
-          1/2 tsp ground flax
-          Dash of pumpkin spice powder
-          (forgot to add banana!!)

In the morning:
-          Spoonful of Barney Butter Smooth Almond Butter
-          Spoonful of TJ’s Pumpkin Butter (best pumpkin butter ever!!!)
-          Sprinkle of unsweetened shredded coconut




Served with a side of yesterday’s batch of coconut chocolate chip oatmeal scone with a spread of Seggiano smooth dark chocolate hazelnut


And pumpkin spice coffee

I absolutely <3 pumpkin and will be super bummed when I officially run out. There is just something about its natural sweet flavor that appeals to my taste buds. That and every time I eat pumpkin, I think of Linus from the Peanuts and how he always gives up trick-or-treating in hopes of meeting the Great Pumpkin. His dedication to the Great Pumpkin never fails to bring a smile to my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment