Friday, March 2, 2012

These Sneaks Were Made For Walkin'

I think I’m finally climbing out of my current exercise rut. First up – my walk with Bill, who graciously volunteered to be my walking buddy. Last night after work, we met up at the beautiful Woodbridge Lake in Irvine where we re-enacted the Oprah power walk. I haven’t been there in 8 years and forgot how pretty, serene, and relaxing this place is. Must make a mental note to go there for walks/runs in the future.  After an hour or so, I was more than ready to eat and we headed on over to California Fish Grill. I heart this restaurant very much because they serve delicious & healthy dishes with high quality ingredients for very affordable prices.  I ordered their famous White Ruffy fish over a large house salad while Bill ordered their grilled Mahi Mahi combo. Bill also brought some delicious TJ’s dinner bread rolls to go along with our meal, which I forgot to take a picture of.
Mine from a previous trip except this time they forgot to give me my lemon lime vinaigrette dressing on the side. Hrmph!

A picture of his dish, courtesy of Yelp
 I only ate half of my dish because Bill brought dessert and I never turn down dessert. =)
Chocolate and Better ‘n Peanut Butter in honor of Peanut Butter Lover’s Day. The chocolates were amazing, especially when dipped in pb. =)
Pictures courtesy of Valrhona
 
Later that night, my sister came home with an assortment of cupcakes from Big Man Bakes, a popular cupcake bakery in Downtown LA that makes Sprinkles cupcakes taste like Play Doh.

 Upper left: Nutella
Upper right: Red Velvet
Center: Coconut
Lower left: Oreos
Lower Right: Caramel Apple
 
I butchered divided each cupcake into 4 pieces and packed 1 of each for today’s lunch. However, even though I had just brushed my teeth and was about to go to bed, I just couldn’t resist tasting the caramel apple cupcake and nutella cupcake. I justified it at the time with the 3-4 miles walk I completed earlier that night and my Friday morning workout.

Tonight, I am going to Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen at Downtown Disney with my sister and my friend for OC Restaurant week. I’ve been studying their menu for awhile now and am very much looking forward to the Creole Red Velvet Roulade. I am going to TRY to stay strong and avoid the chocolate shop near the restaurant.
So, even though exercise rut seems to be going away, it looks like my appetite has not. I just can’t say no to good food. With all of these tasty foods coming my way today, it looks like my stomach will definitely be having a very good Friday. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment