Monday, March 5, 2012

Simply the Best

This weekend was fun. I ate and exercised, but mostly I ate. The weekend started off with a bang. My friend and I made plans to eat at Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen at Downtown Disney for OC Restaurant week. But we got there a little early so we decided to go on some rides at California Disney to kill some time. Sadly, we were only able to go on the Little Mermaid ride because the park was super crowded. So, after experiencing a bit of that Disney magic, we left the park and made our way to Downtown Disney where we strolled until our reservation time arrived.
We saw some delectable treats:


 
And watched my future husband (just kidding!) transform normal apples into Jack Skellington themed white chocolate apples. 


With some rare self-control, I was able to overcome my desire to buy any chocolate treats. Maybe it was because I already knew I was going to have dessert later that night? Either way, it took a great deal of effort not to buy their amazing chocolate peanut butter sandwiches. I seriously dream about those treats and think about them every time I go to Disney. They are simply the best.
In the end, my friend and I had a change of heart and opted not to order off the OC Restaurant Week menu. She wasn’t feeling their dessert options and I wasn’t feeling their appetizer options.
I started off dinner with a glass of Edward Sellers “Le Thief” wine. It was a pretty good Syrah – medium bodied, spicy, fruity, and filled with tannins. I especially liked that they gave me a pretty large glass. Too bad I was the driver that night, so I didn’t finish it just to be safe. =(
For me entrée, I ordered the New York Steak with Pomme Frites. It was soooo good.
Dessert was the highlight of the night. Double chocolate bread pudding soufflé.
My friend hasn’t had good experiences with bread pudding and was hesitant to order it. However, after some coaxing, she finally agreed to share it with me and boy was she glad she gave in. It was supercalifragilisticexpialidocious delicious! We scraped that bowl clean. There was seriously not a crumb left. I savored every bite and was sad when it was gone. I will be dreaming of this soufflé until the next time I eat it. It is simply the best along with the chocolate peanut butter sandwich.
Other highlights from the weekend includes a trip to Hmart where I impulsively bought these chocolate milk straws. Supposedly, you place the straw in your glass of milk and it turns it into chocolate milk. I have yet to try this and it was on sale. So, I took that as a sign that it was time for me to test it out. Can’t wait =)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment