Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A for Effort?

This morning, I experienced another fail moment in the kitchen.  For quite some time, I have been curious as to whether cake mix can be used to make cookies. Apparently, I'm not the first person to think of this because I googled it and saw it ablaze on other blog and other cookies sites. Bummer. And an even bigger bummer? The cookies did not live up to my expectations.
My original plan was to make Chocolate Wine Cake Mix Cookies. It sounded good right? Sadly, it did not turn out that great. The texture was very cakey? I know that shouldn't come as a shocker since I did use cake mix but for some reason I thought the texture would turn out cookie-like. Although my grand idea and recipe did not create successful cookies, I believe that it would make awesome cupcakes or cakes. If you are remotely interested, here is my recipe.

1 chocolate cake mix (I used Ghirardelli)
2 eggs
1/3 C oil
1/2 C red wine (I used Merlot)
1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
1.25 oz chocolate pudding mix

Whisk the cake mix, unsweetened cocoa powder and chocolate pudding mix in a bowl. Beat the eggs, red wine, and oil together. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until they are just combined. 

For cookies:

Scoop 1/4 C onto a cookie sheet and bake at 350* for about 8 minutes.

For cupcakes:

Fill regular cupcake liners 2/3 full. Bake at 350* for about 18 minutes.


No pictures today because I didn't think this was picture worthy.


Question: What desserts would you be interested in me making?

1 comment:

  1. I like that you even post about the things that don't go perfectly.

    I'll get back to you with ideas...

    ReplyDelete