Monday, May 21, 2012

Churro Cupcakes

On Friday, I went out to some creepy dive bar to celebrate my friend's birthday. When it comes to bars, I prefer nice lounge bars where you get dressed up and sit on pretty couches or seats. Think Gossip Girl. I know that probably sounds snobby, dramatic, and ridiculous but I can't help it. I like the whole process of getting dolled up and drinking/relaxing in a nice setting. This place, however, was more of a like a dirty hole in the wall where I was fearful of getting shanked or catching an STD. Think peanut shells on the floor and every guy wearing imitation Ed Hardy t-shirts. Eww

But I'm getting sidetracked. Okay, so after work I rushed to the supermarket to pick up flour, butter, and powdered sugar (completely ran out!) in order to make CHURRO CUPCAKES  for the birthday boy. Like many of the cupcakes I bake, I really wish I could take credit for this magical creation. But, unfortunately, it was created by the genius Lindsay Ann, who I believe was the first winner of Cupcakes Wars on Food Network and owns a few cupcake stores. I've baked these cupcakes before and they always prove to be a winner with friends, family, and my usual group of taste testers. I would go so far to say that they are the all time favorite for whoever I make them for. I follow the recipe pretty closely. The only difference is that I add cinnamon sugar to both the batter and the frosting to enhance the churro-ness. Okay, enough chit chat. Here is what these glorious cupcakes look like.

Churro Cupcakes 
create by Lindsay Ann 

For the birthday boy


For the chef. Gotta try one for quality control =)

1 comment:

  1. awesome!

    I feel the same way about bars. If I'm going to pay 10 dollars for 6 ounces of wine, I better be sitting on leather.

    ReplyDelete