Thursday, June 21, 2012

I'm Back!


It's been soooo long since my last post that I feel like I'm doing my very first post all over again. I still don't know the direction of this blog. My new job and schedule is much different now so I won't be able to cook as much but I will still very much focus on my love for chocolate, sweets, food, and Disneyland. So, if I still have any readers (I would like to give a special shoutout to The Management especially) please bear with me.

In the meantime, let's recap on my latest activities. Last Saturday, Cars Land at California Adventure had its grand opening and everyone was super excited considering it was 5 years in the making. I made sure to arrive at the park an hour early because I knew it was going to be packed. The vibe was pretty awesome because I was surrounded by hardcore Disney fans. 45 minutes before the park opened, people were chanting "Cars Land! Cars Land!"  and were doing the wave. And 10 seconds before the gates opened, people were counting down New Year's Eve style.

Despite getting to the park early, the major ride at Cars Land, Radiator Springs, already had a pretty long line. I think I waited for a total of 2 hours (40 min were due to technical difficulties). I heard that later in the day, the wait time increased to 5 hours! The rides awesome but not 5 hours awesome.







I also had to visit the Ghirardelli Chocolate and Soda Shop. LOVE LOVE LOVE this place! As soon as you enter the soda shop, you are greeted by a Disney employee who has a basket full of Ghirardelli chocolate samples. Not only do they give you samples, but the package is opened for you and pushed out about 1cm so all you have to do is eat. Now that is service!

The inside of shop is extremely detailed, beautiful, and breathtaking.




They also give you the option of buying 80 count bags of chocolate squares. YUM!

The menu was pretty extensive and I spent a lot of time deciding on what my first Ghirardelli treat would be. In the end, I found myself drawn to the Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream Sundae.

I was only able to eat half because it was so sweet and rich but it was heavenly. It definitely surpassed my expectations.

I can't wait to go back to Cars Land and the Ghirardelli Chocolate and Soda Shop to go on more rides and eat more goodies. Luckily, I don't have to wait too long because I'm going again this Saturday for my birthday. =)

2 comments:

  1. OMG you don't know how long I've been waiting for this post! The place looks amazing just from the pictures, and I'm so jealous that you went! Can't say I'm jealous about the 2 hour wait to go on a ride, but STILL!!! And the soda shop and ghiradelli chocolate... OMFG. DROOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will have to go when you come back. This is what happens when you leave me for over a month. You miss out. That and your annual pass blocks you for the whole month of June. Lame!

    ReplyDelete