Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Ugly but Delicious

My cold isn't getting better. If any better. If anything, I think it might be getting worse? I've had a fever for the past few hours, my throat is still sore and I've developed a smoker's cough. I popped a few Tylenol but it's not really working. I knew should have just drunk some alcohol. After all, that's what our ancestors used for medicine and it seemed to work out well for them right? But since you're not supposed to mix alcohol with pills, I decided to try one last kind of "medicine" that wouldn't be affected by the Tylenol. I baked a batch of the Peanut Butter Rocky Road Bars from Confessions of A Cookbook Queen. I'm definitely still making the other 2 recipes at some point though!


 
Naked Bar

Dressed with marshmallow creme

Uglified with delicious chocolate frosting


But was oh so delicious!



And since it's a holiday and I'm sick, I figured that I'm entitled to eating a giant block of this Rocky Road Bar. And btw, it's delicious both fresh out of the oven and frozen  =)



3 comments:

  1. NOT FAIR!!! I want in on some of that deliciousness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess,

    I really hope you feel better soon! Kick that cold where it hurts!

    These look pretty yummy- you're such a good little baker :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marisa - I'll make some for you when you come back from SF. Can't wait to go to Disney with you!!

    The Management - my fever is gone but other symptoms have developed. One step forward 2 steps back? Thanks for your comment of me being a good baker. =)

    ReplyDelete