Friday, January 27, 2012

Parfait + Sundae = Parfundae?

Last night before I went to sleep, I set my alarm clock to 4:30 AM for my weekly Friday morning workout, which consists of 40 min on the treadmill and then an hour of Turbo Kickboxing at 5:45 AM. And every Friday morning, I go through the same thing. I give my alarm clock a very dirty look with my half-opened eyes for rudely waking me up and being confused as to why I have been awokened at such an ungodly hour, especially since the sun hasn't even risen yet. (My theory is that we shouldn't have to wake up until the sun does. This theory, of course, only applies during Fall Back time and not Spring Forward time. ) Then, I quickly remember that it's so that I can work out and indulge in guilty pleasure foods like this:

Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch Cake

and this:

Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding



I also remembered that yesterday late afternoon (before I had even eaten dinner) as I was planning my breakfast for this morning, I really wanted some Ghirardelli chocolate chips and TJ's Midnight Moo syrup incorporated in it. But since those two ingredients aren't exactly the healthiest, I rolled my fatty self out of bed and went to the gym. Luckily, the Australian Open's Men Semi-Final's was on playing on of the the televisions, so that kept me distracted while running on the treadmill. BUT, time went by slow-poke style and all I kept thinking was how every move I was making was for the sake of those chocolate chips and chocolate syrup-y goodness.

The torture was totally worth it in the end because this morning's breakfast was DELISH! After 4 days of Overnight Oats, I felt like eating something cereal-ish but I also wanted yogurt, peanut butter, and chocolate (mmmm chocolate). The result? Parfait + Sundae = Parfundae =)






Bottom Layer:
3/4 Cup - Nature's Path Fla Plus Multibran Flakes

Middle Layer:
Nonfat Plain Greek Yorgurt
1/2 Medium Banana - Sliced
1 Tbsp - Ground Flaxseed

Top Layer:
1/4 Cup - Nature's Path Hemp Granola


Toppings:
1 Tbsp - TJ's Midnight Moo
1 Tbsp - TJ's Valencia Unsalted & Crunchy Peanut butter
10 Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips

BTW, this kept me insanely full all morning. I didn't even need a mid-morning snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment