Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Vegas Trip Part 2


After another longggg 3 hour drive, we had finally arrived at Valley of Fire where we drove around and checked out a few of the trails.
 
 We saw a lot of cool petroglyphs here; also called pictographs.

After 2 hours of sightseeing, the sun had set and it was time leave since that is when the park closes. So, we were on our merry way to our hotel - Loews Lake Las Vegas Resort. This hotel was definitely fancy schmancy that had really nice pools, cabanas, a golf course, bars/restaurants, spas, and an amazing view.

As soon as we had arrived, we were exhausted and desperately needed a few drinks and some sides so we could drink some more =)


 

 


  

After a hearty breakfast of a pack of quick oats I brought from home and coffee from my first ever Keurig machine and Emeril coffee provided by the hotel, it was time to roam around the grounds of the resort.


And before I knew it, it was time for us to leave so that we would have enough time to go to First Food and Bar at the Palazzo, which was named as one of the best places for brunch. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures because my camera battery died but I found some courtesy of Google. My mom, sister, and I shared the Frito Pie Fajitas, Chicken & Waffles, and  Hand Cut Beef Carpaccio. I also ordered the bottomless strawberry mimosa. I think I had 5 or 6? I lost count but I was definitely feeling good afterwards. Overall, the food was amazing! It was unique and delicious. My only complaint is that the place was really understaffed, which resulted in a really long wait for everything.
 



After brunch, we headed back to the car to make for our last stop at Red Rock Canyon before returning home. But before we left the Palazzo, we got a little side tracked at a chocolate shop where I picked up some goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment