Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Yawn

Every time I take a vacation, even a mini one, I feel like I need a vacation to recover from my vacation. And this time is no different. After spending the weekend in Vegas and using my day off yesterday to run errands and take care of some necessary business, I am exhausted. This morning, I woke up bright and early and stumbled to make some desperately needed coffee while I was making pumpkin oatmeal. This marked my first real breakfast since Friday and I couldn't wait to dig into some good ol' oatmeal. I definitely wanted something warm and hearty, so I opted to use Irish oats instead of rolled oats this morning.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup - Irish Oats
1/2 cup - TJ's unsweetened vanilla soymilk
1/2 cup - water
1/4 cup - Libby's Pumpkin Puree
1 tsp - TJ's pumpkin spice
1/4 tsp - ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp - ground flaxseed
1/2 tsp - hemp seed

Toppings:

1/4 cup - Nature's Harvest granola
1/8 cup - Navitas cacao bits
1/2 - medium banana
 
My souvenir cup that just happened to be 5% off. Sweet!


This oatmeal definitely hit the spot, especially with the addition of the pumpkin. It definitely made me wish that I had hoarded more pumpkin during Thanksgiving time. Oh well. However, I was still sleepy despite drinking 3 cups of coffee. I'm so tired that I'm debating whether or not I should go to the gym tonight. Although, I probably should since I didn't workout over the weekend and I won't be going to the gym this weekend either since I'll be heading to Big Bear with my cousins. I guess I'll just have to rely on some chocolate for energy and a sugar high. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment