Monday, March 12, 2012

Breakfast Take 2

I had such high hopes for my breakfast this morning but it ended up in disaster. Last night, as I was eating dinner, I was thinking about what to make for this morning's breakfast. I am always trying to come up with ways to satisfy my sweet tooth by somehow turning dessert into breakfast. One of my favorite desserts is red velvet cake and so I created a red velvet cake oatmeal dish. Sadly, it did not turn out well and tasted quite disgusting. I tried to eat it anyway because I don't like to waste food. But this was so gross that I gave up and just tossed it. I know that cooking is all about trial and error but it's still disheartening when things don't go as planned. I'm not giving up on this dish though. I'm going to keep on tweaking the recipe I have until I am satisfied with the end results.


Since this dish didn't go as planned, I had to quickly make something else because I had exactly 10 minutes before it was time to leave for work. Due to the time crunch, I had to settle for a parfait. It's not my favorite because it doesn't keep me full for as long as oatmeal does but sometimes beggars can't be choosers. So, here is breakfast take 2.
The Base:

1 cup nonfat greek yogurt

1/2 cup Great Harvest Cville Cluster granola
1 tsp cacao powder
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 small banana, sliced

The Toppings:

chocolate shavings
chocolate bar




Pour granola onto the bottom of the bowl. Slice the banana and place on top of the granola. Mix greek yogurt, cacao powder, and vanilla bean paste. Spoon over the banana and spread to completely cover it. Sprinkle chocolate shavings and a piece of chocolate if you're feeling down and need something sweet to cheer you up. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment