Friday, April 27, 2012

Cookies 'n Cream Kettle Corn

It's not lunch time yet and I feel like I've gotten a lot done today.

4:25 am - woke up and went to the gym
6:30 am - came home, showered, ate breakfast
7:15 am - made a batch of magical kettle corn

So, last weekend, I went to Downtown Disney with my friend and my sister. The good and bad thing about Disney is that all of Downtown and both parks constantly smell like kettle corn. Now, their kettle corn tastes pretty amazing but it's also $8 for a small bag, which is not so amazing for my wallet. So, ever since then, I have added kettle corn onto my to do list. And 6 days later, I finally checked it off my list.

Cookies 'n Cream Kettle Corn 


Ingredients:

1 bag of kettle corn
20 oreos 
1 can of frosting 

* I used double stuffed oreos and vanilla frosting but feel free to use any flavor your taste buds desire.

Directions:

Crush the oreos either with a food processor or place them in a bag and use a rolling pin or your fists.(I used my fists because I find that it's a good way to release negative energy. Not that I'm filled with lots of anger or anything =]) You want the oreos to be crushed but not to the point of them turning into crumbs.
After crushing the oreos, set it aside and place a cookie pan on your kitchen counter. If you want to save yourself from washing it, cover it with aluminum foil or parchment paper. (I used aluminum foil because I don't have any and I find that aluminum foil works just as well.) Pop the bag of kettle corn in the microwave and follow the suggested cooking instructions on the box. 
When it's done, pour onto the cookie pan and try to separate the unpopped kernels. Combine the crushed oreos and mix together as best as possible.
Melt the can of frosting in the microwave at 30 second intervals and stir after each interval. I only had to microwave twice. With a butter knife or frosting knife, drizzle the frosting completely over the cookies 'n cream kettle corn. Give it a quick mix so that the frosting coats as much as possible. Drizzle again one more time and wait for the frosting to harden.


When it was finally ready, I set aside a sample portion for me to taste test and then promptly packed the rest for my mom and friends. (Btw, I am running out of taste testers. I need to find more.)





I am so glad that I gave away 95% of this Cookies 'n Cream Kettle Corn because it was to.die.for.  Seriously, make sure to put on your stretchy pants when you eat this stuff because it's addicting. Unless, you don't like sweets, which in that case I have no words for you and will look at you like you just said something to me in a foreign language that I am not fluent in.

And if you want to experience that same magical feeling that you would at Disney but can't, just do what I do. Put on your favorite Disney move or play your favorite Disney soundtrack while your cooking/eating and you will almost feel like you are at the happiest place on earth. If you do make this, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. =)

5 comments:

  1. This is really cool.

    Also, I love how you mentioned this: I have added kettle corn onto my to do list. And 6 days later, I finally checked it off my list.

    Finally? You take care of business super fast! 6 days is NOTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I'm only super fast when it comes to food. Otherwise, I take my sweet time =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, it's so simple and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was really delicious. Although you need to discover the secret to making it stay crunchy, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wil: I love how it only takes minutes to make and there are minimal dishes to wash. The problem is WAITING for them to dry. My fingers and taste buds did not want to wait.

    Marisa: I think yours weren't crunchy because I didn't wait long enough to dry. If I didn't pack them when I did, they would be gone by the time I got home from work haha.

    ReplyDelete